This blog is about painting and drawing. I post links to resources, tutorials, graphics software and interesting artist bloggers.


Tuesday

Aviary online applications

Aviary is a suite of rich internet applications for artists. They have tools for everything from image editing, 3D modelling to audio and word processing for creative writers. All the applications are named after birds.
I have been trying out Phoenix and Peacock.
Phoenix is an image editor similar to Photoshop with layers, filters and blending modes . The brush tool is bit awkward to use and I don't really think it's meant for sketching, but just painting really slowly and precisely. One thing I really like is the liquify tool which is much better than the Photoshop version as you can use it directly on your image and see the effect in real time.
Peacock is a pattern generator but you can do alot more with it than just create patterns. It uses a node system which takes a bit of getting used to if you've never tried it before.
Photoshop also have an online application, Photoshop Express. I have tried it but I think Aviary is alot more powerful.
I have 3 invitations to give away for Peacock and Phoenix. If you would like one, leave me a comment.

3 comments:

Audee said...

I could not resist to try this online tool! so please send me invitation :D
Stumbled your post already ;)

fayaz said...

nice share m8!

Anonymous said...

I'd love an invite, too, if there are any left. :O
chill392@gmail.com